Friday, August 1, 2014

Gluten Free Lasagna made with Heartland Oven Ready Lasagna


Lasagna is one of my favorite Italian dishes. I was a very happy girl when I found this oven ready lasagna at my local Super Center!

Brown rice lasagna wasn't too bad, but a little chewy for my taste. These lasagna noodles from Heartland have a wonderful texture! If no one told you they were gluten free you would never know. I highly recommend that you give them a try! Thank you Heartland!

I used my favorite homemade tomato sauce recipe for this dish, but a good quality jarred sauce would be great too. You can add Italian sausage to the sauce for another layer of flavor or make a healthier version by adding your favorite diced veggies after the sauce has simmered. Both are OK in my book! You can find my Garlic and Herb Bread Sticks recipe here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Heartland Lasagna Noodles
  • homemade or jarred tomato sauce
  • 1lb Italian sausage or ground beef
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons fresh Italian herbs
  • 1-2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Combine the ricotta, cottage and parmesan cheeses in a mixing bowl, stir in the egg and garlic. Set aside.

Brown the meat if you are using it or dice you choice of fresh veggies and set aside. Prepare the homemade tomato sauce and add in the browned meat or diced veggies. Stir in the fresh herbs.

Add a thin layer of the sauce to an oblong baking dish then add in 4 lasagna noodles overlapping slightly.

Add about 1/3 of the cheese mixture and then 4 more lasagna noodles.

Continue layering this way. I got 3 layers from this recipe. Add the mozzarella cheese over the top and tightly cover with foil.

Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes to brown the cheese. Sprinkle a little fresh chopped parsley over the top and enjoy! Bon Appetit!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!